Saturday, January 16, 2010

At A Loss For Words....

I've really been thinking a lot about the earthquake in Haiti.

Those of you that don't know. my cousin and her husband recently adopted 2 boys from there. I love those little boys! I'm so saddened by the entire situation. I can't even begin to imagine what families that are adopting have gone through. As if the adoption process isn't stressful enough, now with the natural disaster and not knowing....well I just can't imagine.

I am so thankful for my family and my daughters. I just keep thinking about what if we were adopting and what if we had to deal with this. I see the pictures on the front page of the paper with all the bodies laying around everywhere. I see kids Ashleigh and Addison's age. I see grandmothers, mothers, fathers...you name it. I just think what it would be like to have to walk around these bodies looking for loved ones. A very close friend of ours is in the Army and he has been deployed to Haiti to help with the relief efforts. They don't know what they will be doing or how long they will be there or what they will be faced with.

Living in California, well any where for that matter, makes the reality of an earthquake and the devastation that it can causes more real. We've had several smaller one, 3.7 and 4.1 this last week. This whole thing has really hit home for me. It really makes you realize just how short life is and you should cherish each and every day with your loved ones and friends.

If you would like to help the Creche, where my cousins' sons lived until they were adopted, please visit these websites.

www.chances4children.org

chances4childrendonations.blogspot.com

Apparently the food container that was held up in customs has most likely been looted and they are down to a weeks worth for food.

How would it feel if your child was one of those children in the orphanage that only had food for a week?

Please help if you can and are moved to.

1 comment:

Tifanni said...

Hey-Thanks for posting about the creche. :)